About 2060 Advisory
2060 Advisory is an impact investing and financing advisory company dedicated to serving entrepreneurs in China who are willing to solve social and environmental problems, to obtain better matching and effective capital. We focus on projects within the scope of the transformation of carbon neutrality and 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals(UN SDGs).
Our core methodology derives from impact investment (“Impact investments are investments made with the intention to generate positive, measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. ”(GIIN, 2021)). We dedicate to becoming an institution linking different departments and flexibly building a sustainable financial structure for the primary financial market in China. Our core businesses include financing advisory services for early-stage companies, fundraising services for impact investors and funds, and other advisory services for impact/sustainable investment.
2060 is the target year for China to achieve carbon neutrality, which we use as our name, referring to the sustainable future we foresee. At the core of this transition is the need to finance new technologies — the financial sector must unlock CNY 139 trillion ($22 trillion) across carbon-heavy industries for the 2020-60 period(CICC Research Institute, 2021). Within the scope, we have also set targets institutionally, which will be gradually published.
- Doctor of Economics of the Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, Honorary Doctorate of the University of Southern California
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of China Global Philanthropy Institute, Director of the Board of Directors of the University of Jilin, Executive Director of China Financial Forum, Vice President of China Association of Entrepreneurs, President of Shenzhen Quality City Promotion Association
- Former Director and President of China Merchants Bank
- Top 500 Chinese Brand Personage in 2020 in China
- One of the China Outstanding Entrepreneurs of 70 employees in 70 companies in 70 years
- One of the 50 Most Influential Business Leaders in China in 2012 selected by Fortune Magazine
- Rated as one of the 25 entrepreneurs who influenced China most in the 20th century
Founding Partner & CEO
- The first Impact Investment "Forbes 30x30" in China
- World Economic Forum Global Outstanding Youth
- Graduated from the Judge Business School, the University of Cambridge
- The first “Impact Investment World Forum Scholarship” recipient in China
- Co-orgnizer of the "Carbon Neutral Breakfast Meeting"
- Served cases: Carbonstop, Clean CO2 etc.
- Financing advisory services for early-stage companies
- Fundraising services for impact investors and funds
- Other advisory services impact/sustainable investment
On 10th May 2021, Carbonstop, China’s first carbon management software and consulting solutions provider, announced that it had raised 50 million yuan($7.4 million) in Round-A financing from Hillhouse Capital and Matrix Partners China, marking the latest move by the two leading institutions to increase their stake in carbon-neutral infrastructure.
On 1st August 2022, Carbonstop completed a Round-B of financing worth 100 million yuan($14.82 million), led by Sequoia China and followed by its original shareholders Hillhouse Capital and Matrix Partners China. This funding will be used to research and develop carbon management software products and expand consulting, marketing and business teams.
Founded in March 2011, Carbonstop’s core businesses include customized carbon management software and SaaS services, carbon accounting consulting, and a consumer-oriented carbon account platform. In the past eleven years, Carbonstop has served more than 1,200 clients, including Alibaba, Baidu, Tencent, Bytedance, JD.com, Vanke, Starbucks, SKP, Dow, CNOOC, China Airport Construction Group, Dubai World Expo, Hillhouse, Centurium Capital, China Construction Bank, Mastercard, Porsche, SINO JET and so on.
Clean CO2 is an innovative company that uses artificial technology to remove carbon dioxide. It is committed to providing low-cost carbon removal technology solutions for society through the research and development and commercialization of carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) technology and helping to build a net-zero industrial economic system in the future.
At present, Clean CO2 focuses on the field of building materials. It uses technology to seal the captured CO₂ in concrete materials, which can produce low-carbon concrete products that reduce carbon footprint by 80% and provide low-carbon concrete products that do not increase the "green premium" for construction, infrastructure and other industries. A transformation solution, while also achieving large-scale stable storage of CO₂, turning concrete, the world's second-most-used material, into a carbon sink for the planet.
In January 2022, Clean CO2 announced the completion of a millions of dollars angel round of financing invested by K2VC.
In July 2022, Clean CO2 announced the completion of the angel + financing round at Oriza Holdings. Clean CO2 will use this financing round for the construction and market expansion of concrete products and commercial concrete production lines.
On 24th August 2022, China's leading company of virtual power plant operations and technology provider, Vpptech completed a pre-A round of financing worth tens of millions of yuan, following joint investment by Sequoia China Seed Fund and China Merchants Venture. 2060 Advisory acted as exclusive financial advisor to this round of financing.
Vpptech is an innovative digital technology company focusing on China's electric power system. This round of financing will accelerate renewable energy's contribution to China's electricity market.
2060 Advisory ( Hangzhou) Co.,ltd.
WeChat Official Account: advisory2060
Address: 7/F, Building B, Huanglong Vanke Center, No.77 Xueyuan Road, Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China.
2060 Advisory (Hang Zhou) Co.,ltd.